This project has been a long time coming. I made it Mid-January and Inspite of it, I am happy that I finally have the chance to share it with you.
The jacket is a McCall’s pattern (M6087) and the pant is self drafted. I shorten the jacket a lot because I’m petite and I didn’t want it to look oversized. (That’s the beauty of being able to sew for oneself.) The pant pockets are made of the same lining found inside the jacket. In hindsight, I would make sure the interior pockets are made of the same fabric of the pant. The contrast was too extreme. The pants were also a bit rushed (to be worn for a party), so the finishing on the inside isn’t the best.
The fabric is actually an upholstery textile. I grabbed it for a great price. Although it looks lovely and you can’t tell it’s upholstery, the sewing process was tremendous because it frays a lot.
|I'm pictured at a party I attended in January|